A lapbook providing information about the San Bushmen people of southern Africa, plus mini-book templates for creating a file folder project about the San of Southern Africa.
Includes the following topics:
• Appearance • Desert • Homes • Making poison • Hunting and tracking • Honey and gum • Veld foods • Tsamma melons • Ostrich eggs • Water •... [click here for more]
The Dutch were the first Europeans to colonize South Africa. Use this printable file folder project to learn all about the early days at the Cape settlement in the 17th and 18th centuries.
The file folder project includes the following topics:
• The Cape - Halfway to the East • Post-office stones • The Dutch East India Company • Jan Van Riebeeck • The Company's... [click here for more]
A South African history lapbook about the French Huguenots and their contribution at the Cape in the 17th and 18th centuries.
This product includes information on the following topics:
• Huguenot persecution in France • Refuge at the Cape • The Huguenots' arrival at the Cape • Colonists that made a difference • The population at the Cape • Help for the Huguenots... [click here for more]
The Xhosa People are the cultural group of South Africa who were early inhabitants of the Eastern Cape area. Use this lapbook to learn about their culture and their role in the history of South Africa.
• Religion, beliefs and folklore
• Xhosa wars
• Xhosa phrases
• National... [click here for more]
The 1820 settlers were immigrants to the Cape Colony of South Africa. Use this printable lapbook project to learn about their struggles and their contribution in their new land.
• Historical background • Why did the Settlers come to South Africa? • The government's proposal • The settlement • Settler homes • The government's real plan • Settler struggles... [click here for more]
The Great Trek was the migration of about 12 000 white pioneers into the interior of South Africa from 1835 onwards.
Use this lapbook project to learn all about the Voortrekkers and their Trek.
It includes the following topics:
Reasons for the TrekPart 1: The Voortrekker Lifestyle • The wagon - a mobile home • Weapons and hunting • Women and children •... [click here for more]
The Zulu People are a South African cultural group that rose to fame and glory under the leadership of chief Shaka in the 19th century and now make up one of the largest population groups in South Africa.
Use this lapbook project pack to enhance your children's learning about the Zulu People throughout South African History.
• Background • History • Shaka •... [click here for more]
The Discovery of Mineral Wealth in South Africa
The discovery of diamonds and then gold in South Africa brought a rush of prospectors to the country and had significant effects on the history of South Africa, both politically and economically.
Use this printable lapbook project to learn all about the discovery of gold and diamonds in South Africa.
Part 1 - Diamonds... [click here for more]
This South African History lapbook focuses on the Anglo-Boer War (also known as the South African War) that took place at the turn of the 19th Century.
This project includes the following topics:
• The First Anglo-Boer War (1880-1881) • The Jameson Raid • The Causes of the Second Anglo-Boer War • Overview of the Second Anglo-Boer War
• Phase 1 - The Sieges... [click here for more]